37 members of the society represented 14 clubs at the AGM.
Minutes from the previous AGM were presented and approved as amended.
A question was raised relating to the supply of Lambton Worms that had been purchased and whether they would last for more than one year.
Election of Officers
- President – Bill Lee was elected unopposed in for his final term.
- Chairman – David Harrison – elected unopposed.
- Secretary – Sharon Tideswell –elected unopposed.
- Treasurer – Charles Hall and Yannis Smirnis were both nominated – after a vote Charles Hall was elected as Treasurer.
- Records Officer – elected unopposed.
- Coaching Organiser – Ian Norwood –elected unopposed.
- Auditors – Len and Mary Rathbone – are to be asked if they are happy to remain as auditors for 2019/20.
The level of fees are proposed to remain the same. However due to deficits and lack of payment for some fees this will be reviewed in 2020.
Postal League Awards
Longbow – Trophy awarded to Riverside Archers
Trophies for recurve and compound leagues will be awarded at a later date. The provisional results of the recurve league are:
Division 1 – Trophy awarded to Berwick; Division 2 – Trophy awarded to Killingworth (Stockton and Heugh also scored 6 points but Killingworth were awarded based on scores)
Division 3 – Trophy awarded to Norton; Individual Ladies – Trophy awarded to Briony Pitman of Northumbria University; and Individual Gents – Trophy awarded to Alex Wise of Northumbria Uni.
Compound – Trophy. The shoot off between league A and league B did not take place. Cleadon (league A) having shot 4 matches and DCA (league B) shooting 5 matches. It was decided to average match score to decide the winner. Cleadon are the winners of the Compound Trophy.
Additional Posts committee positions were voted on:
- Membership Secretary – elected unopposed.
- Webmaster – Elaine Jobson (Morpeth) nominated – elected unopposed.
- Safeguarding Officers – Steve Richardson and Yannis Smirnis. Elected unopposed.
- Team Manager – Dave Crow nominated for Junior Team manager – elected unopposed.
- No nominations received for Senior Team Manager. The post remains vacant.
- NCAS representatives – Andrea Wilson, Dave Crow, the third position remained unfilled.
- SPOC – The committee were advised that whilst the JLO was a DNAA judge, the position should be filled by the JLO in order to keep administration of the role to a minimum.
Minutes from the May meetings were presented. The minutes were approved.
It was advised that The DNAA Outdoor County Champs would not be record status this year due to an administration error. The event will be awarded as normal.
Clubs are advised that AGB are now registering beginners courses taster sessions etc through Sport 80.
Next meeting will be held on 8 July 2019 at the Park View Community Association at 7.30 pm.